Category : health , 2 years ago
There are many food items, which can
help reduce the risks of liver problems, by cleansing it and keeping it fit.
Food to Eat For Liver Cleansing
1. Apple: Apples are quite high in pectin and they help in releasing many of the toxins that have accumulated in the digestive tract.
2. Avocados: Avocados help the body to produce glutathione, which enables the liver to get rid of the harmful substances present.
3. Beetroot: Beetroot helps in stimulating certain liver enzymes, which improve its functioning. It is also high in beta carotene and plant flavonoids
4. Carrots: Carrots are high in beta carotene and flavonoids, which improve overall liver health and functioning
5. Cruciferous veggies: Cruciferous veggies, like broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprout are excellent for good liver health, as they flush out the carcinogens from the body, thereby reducing the risk of liver cancer
6. Garlic: Garlic, as just a small amount of it helps to activate certain enzymes in the liver, which flush out the toxins from the body. This pungent bulb also contains allicin and selenium
7. Grapefruit: Grapefruit is high in antioxidants and Vitamin C and therefore, it increases, the natural cleansing process of the liver
8. Green leafy vegetables: Green leafy vegetables are known to improve the health in many ways and this includes to liver too. However, it is important to ensure that they are eaten raw or cooked with minimal oil and spices.
9. Lime: Lime contains a very high amount of Vitamin C, and therefore it helps the body in synthesizing toxic material into substances, which are absorbed by water.
10. Walnuts: Walnuts are high in amino acid arginine, as they help the liver to get rid of ammonia. However, it is important to ensure that the walnuts are chewed very well and are actually liquefied, before they can be digested.
The importance of water should never be overlooked in any diet, which also includes a liver cleansing diet. One of the first steps you can take for better liver health is to make sure that you drink at least 8 to 12 glasses of water each day. Other beverages like unsweetened grapefruit juice and lime juice or green tea may also be very effective.
Foods To Avoid For Liver Cleansing
Just like certain foods help improve the health of the liver, there are certain that can have an adverse effect on it. Hence, there are certain liver cleansing foods to avoid too, which people should bear in mind, when they are on a cleansing diet. The most common liver cleansing foods to avoid include foods that are high in salt, cholesterol, fat, sugar and calories. Hence, in case you are on a liver cleansing diet, make sure that you do restrict or preferably eliminate the following the following foods from your diet.
There are many kidney cleansing recipes too that are easily available through online. However, it is absolutely essential to check with a doctor and get an approval before using any kidney and liver cleansing foods. This is all the more important in case of people who are elderly or are suffering from any preexisting conditions.