Category : cooking , 1 year ago
Top 10 Quick Fix Tips (Busy Day Fast Cooking Tips)
1. Tomato paste or sauce can be used instead of fresh tomatoes. This saves a lot of chopping time.
2. Soak chik peas in boiling water. In this way only 1-2 hours of soaking in needed.
3. Make ginger garlic paste in bulk and put it in the fridge.
4. Similarly, make green chilly paste and keep in the fridge. This saves a lot of cooking time.
5. While chopping vegetables, chop in a bulk, use what is needed and put the remaining in the fridge for later use. Chopping a vegetable at a stretch saves a lot of time.
6. Have lots of peeled garlic in an air tight box in the refrigerator.
7. Grate a whole coconut at a time and refrigerate it so it can be used easily whenever needed.
8. Fry grated coconut in bulk with curry leaves and store it in the fridge. This can be used easily whenever gravies have to be made.
9. Whenever you boil potatoes or cauliflower make some extra and put it in the fridge. This can be used to make stuffed parathas, cutlets etc.
10. Use the microwave to saute onions, tomatoes and to cook up the vegetables.
Top 5 Healthy Cooking Tips
1. Do not wash the vegetables after peeling or chopping. This will wash out all the water soluble vitamins.
2. Whenever vegetables or dal is cooked in water, many nutrients are left back in the water. So do not throw it away. Instead use it when making some gravies or soups.
3. Potatoes have their nutrients in their skin. So try using potatoes without peeling it.
4. Eat fruits like apples along with its skin.
5. Tamarind can be substituted with raw mango powder.
Useful Refrigeration tips
1. Keep coriander leaves in a air tight plastic box in the refrigerator to keep them fresh for a long time.
2. Remove the stem of the chilly while storing them whole. Another method is to make chilly paste and store it for a long time.
3. To store fish longer and fresher, clean it, apply turmeric and salt and put it in the freezer