Category : beauty , 2 years ago
In the world of beauty, there are endless beauty tips and rules to keep you looking fabulous. From secrets about how to style your hair without heat to brilliant ways to fix a broken compact case, the more beauty tips you know, the better you’ll be prepared to handle every situation thrown at you and look good while doing so.
1. Use a cream or milk cleanser to wash your face. Creams are less drying than gels.
2. To keep hair color vibrant longer, use shampoos and conditioners formulated for colored hair.
3. Replace mascara and liquid eyeliner after 3-4 months.
4. The best time to apply creams is after the shower, as the skin has been de-oiled.
5. Carrots are good for the hair. A healthy diet leads to a beautiful you.
6. If you often find yourself being too tired to wash your face at night, keep makeups removing wipes in your night stand to prevent a runny mess or morning break out.
7. Hydrate your under-eye area with an eye cream to prevent puffiness and bags.
8. If you have chipped nail polish, add glitter on top to disguise the look of chipping.
9. Use a clarifying shampoo once a week to get rid of any product build-up that may have occurred during the week.
10. After using a hair conditioning mask, follow with “a cold water rinse to close the hair cuticles”.
11. Use a facial exfoliator bi-weekly to get dead skin of dead skin. Makeup will look better on a clean, smooth canvas.
12. When buying “organic” beauty products, make sure to check if they are FDA certified organic. This will prevent you from getting scammed.
13. “Always keep your summer makeup minimal. Minimal and sheer makeup is the way to go when it’s hot and muggy outside.”
14. Use excess eye cream on cuticles. The more you hydrate your cuticles, the stronger your nails will be.
15. For smudge-proof eye makeup, take blotting tissue to remove any oil or any excess makeup from the eye area. Then, apply a small dab of cream concealer to hold things in place.
16. To prevent hair color from fading in the summer months, use a conditioning treatment weekly or bi-monthly.
17. Brush out your curls with your fingers to give your hair a more tousled look.
18. To make your manicure last, apply a thin layer of clear every two days. Pay particular attention to the free edge at the top of your nails, where chips usually happen, and apply extra clear polish there.
19. Wear white eyeliner in your water line to make eyes appear less red.
20. “Take a shimmery gloss to the center of your lips, top and bottom – this will attract light to your lips, making them look pouty.”-
21. For the perfect cat-eye, “select a thin liner brush that is tapered to the point. Use gel eyeliner for extra staying power.
22. To make your cheek bones appear higher, use bronzer under the cheekbone and highlighter on the actual cheekbone, and remember to blend. Contouring at its finest!
23. Before you blow dry, start with a volumizing spray or light gel to give the roots some lift. Pull the brush up towards the ceiling to really boost volume.
24. For fuller lips, extend the lip line using a flesh tone lip liner. Be careful not to go overboard, though!
25. The No.1 reason for flaky mascara is that the formula is too dry or old. Make sure to close mascara after use to help keep its moisture. To extend the life a bit, add 2-3 drops of saline solution into the tube and swirl the brush around.
26. To fake clear skin when you notice a pimple, “Apply tea tree oil as soon as you spot it”.
27. During summer, “It’s easy to forget that feet can get sunburned. Be sure to apply sunscreen with a minimum SPF of 50 when barefoot”.
28. For acne-free skin, look for a cleanser with salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
29. When choosing a red lipstick, you just want to remember to get one that looks good with your undertone. If you have a warm undertone, then go for warmer reds, and if you have a cool undertone, then go cooler.
30. Sunscreens that claim to provide “all-day protection” and “water resistance” are not reliable; don’t be fooled by these claims and reapply all sunscreens at least every 2-3 hours.
31. When self-tanning, use a tanner with a guide color. “It will give you instant color before the effect and it will show you exactly where you put the color and where you may have missed”.
32. For the summer months, you don’t want to be caked down in foundation, so try a tinted moisturizer or BB cream instead.
33. Use blotting papers to manage oil and shine in your T-Zone, “which are also great for cleaning up around the eyes”.
34. The antihistamines in allergy medicine dry out the skin, so skip heavy foundation during allergy season. Instead, use a tinted moisturizer.
35. To make curls last, make sure hair is completely dry before you begin with the curling iron. Also, use a heat protectant spray with hold on damp hair to keep hair protected.
36. To make a zit go away faster, don’t pick at it. The bacteria on your fingers will create more redness, and any attempt at popping will make things worse.
37. Use an exfoliator to get rid of dead skin, but limit yourself to 2-3 times a week so you don’t dry out your skin. Use a gentler scrub on your face and a coarser scrub on the rest of your body.
38. Always wash your makeup off before bed.
39. Pick a sulfate-free shampoo, as sulfates can be harsh and drying on the hair cuticle.
40. If you have greasy hair, avoid directly conditioning roots and condition from your ear down to ends.
41. Try to avoid washing your hair everyday. Constant shampooing leaves hair dry and your scalp will create more oils to compensate for the loss of moisture. Instead, use a dry shampoo and style your hair into a braid or ponytail when it’s a bit more oily. To add volume to clean or unwashed hair, use a dry shampoo spray.
42. Always use a moisturizer with SPF in the morning. Even in the winter!
43. Remember; clean your makeup brushes to fight against potential bacteria and breakouts! At least once a week, swirl brushes around in a mixture of warm water and mild soap, then lay flat to dry. Clean out your makeup bag at least once a year to get rid of old products that may be expired or you no longer use.
44. If you don’t have nail polish remover, apply clear nail polish over your nail, and then wipe off. It will remove old polish.
45. During the summer, wear lip balm or gloss with SPF.
46. Change your beauty routine for spring and summer months. Your skin needs less coverage during the spring so you can swap the heavy, winter products for lighter ones.
47. To clean up the flick of a cat eye, use a dampened, pointed Q-tip.
48. To revive curls mid-day, “Take a very small amount of pomade and put it in the palms of your hands. Rub them together. Next gently smooth the pomade over your curls and scrunch just a little bit”.
49. You should always go to a hair-removal specialist, where waxing, laser etc. is their main business – don’t go to a nail salon for a wax.
50. Exfoliate before applying self-tanner to get rid of dead skin. Tanning products tend to cling to dryer areas and rougher areas, like your knees and elbows, so make sure they’re moisturized first.
51. If you straighten your hair with a flat iron, cause less heat damage by letting hair air dry. The less heat, the better!
52. To minimize pores, use a pore-minimizing facial wash followed by a toner. Make sure the toner is alcohol-free so it won’t dry out your skin.
53. The healthier you are, the healthier your hair! Take a daily multi-vitamin with Biotin to help hair grow faster. To mask split ends, use an iron to straighten ends and then apply a hair repair cream. There are always cheap, natural and effective homemade beauty recipes.
54. To fix brassy hair color, use a color-depositing shampoo with purple tones. For unwanted redness, use a color-depositor with a green tone.
55. To cover up roots in a hurry, use a dry shampoo spray for your hair color. If you don’t keep this product around, use eyeshadow (in a shade closest to your hair color) for a quick fix.
56. Get a “dewy glow” using a highlighter or illuminator above your cheekbones and on the brow bone, just underneath your eyebrows.
57. For makeup that lasts all day and night, use a makeup-sealing product like a setting spray.
58. To reduce unwanted shine, use a moisturizer that mortifies your skin. That way you get the moisture your skin needs without looking greasy.
59. To create a lived-in look for your hair, use thickening or sea-salt mist before you blow-dry. Follow by running a volumizing or texture cream through hair.
60. When using an eyeshadow primer, only place the primer where you’ll be adding color. If you choose to use false eyelashes, remember to use the dark glue as it will blend in with the lashes.