Category : beauty , 2 years ago
Caring for aging skin is extremely important in regards to fighting off wrinkles, fine lines and age spots. Of course, there are also surgical methods to keep aging skin from being visible; however, these methods leave women looking stiff and ungracefully-aged. Since this is the case, the latest trends revolve around using organic and natural beauty products.
Unfortunately, it isn’t always easy to obtain natural and organic products, but there are household items available to help you age gracefully, while also allowing you to save money in the process.
For Skin & Hair
Sun Damage: It’s pretty difficult to avoid the sun’s rays, but you’ll be better off seeing less of them when possible. After all, the sun causes skin damage, which leads to fine lines and wrinkles that will show up in your later years. And the tanning beds that provide artificial sunlight aren’t much better than the sun, so they should also be avoided. Now that we’ve established this, here are some tips.
1. It may seem as though sunblock isn’t necessary during the winter, or on overcast days when the weather is cold; but you should still take precautions to protect yourself. The sun will come in contact with your skin as soon as you step foot outside, which means it’s important to stay protected even if you’re only checking the mail. Also, your clothes are not a barrier and do not protect you from the sun, so always apply sunblock over your body.
2. The sun is strongest between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., so be especially cautious during this time period. Hats can be fashionable, and women have been wearing them for years now to protect themselves from the sun. In short, always remember to wear a hat when you’re outside. Sunglasses also are important, fashionable, and keep wrinkles at bay as long as your glasses block at least 99% of UVA sunlight.
Benefits from Healthy Diet
3. Vitamin C: By eating strawberries, papaya, broccoli, oranges and bell peppers, you’re combating wrinkles and dryness because of the vitamin C that’s found in these foods. Vitamin C smoothes skin, and is able to CLEAN UP the free radicals produced from ultraviolet rays. The skin needs vitamin C to produce collagen, which makes the skin less prone to wrinkles. There are cosmetics on the market that offer vitamin C as an ingredient, but eating the vitamin C is a better way to boost your collagen since it’s more natural.
4. Lycopene: Found in foods like carrots, watermelon and tomatoes, lycopene is a substance that helps to keep your skin smooth. Research has proven that lycopene improves the texture of skin, so you’ll be better off eating garden vegetables and fresh produce to boost your skin’s concentration of lycopene.
5. Omega 3: Tuna, salmon, trout, and sardines are all loaded with omega 3, which keeps your skin looking youthful by preserving the collagen in skin.
6. Green Tea: When choosing to drink green tea instead of coffee, you’re hydrating your body, boosting your metabolism, and loading up on free radical-neutralizing polyphenols, which have been proven to help prevent cancer.
Hair is one of the most versatile parts of a beauty regimen, and having healthy hair is just as important as having healthy glowing skin. Hair is easily damaged with blow dryers, curling irons, and flat irons that women use daily. Luckily, there are things you can do to avoid using tools that could potentially damage your hair. The items you need can sometimes be found at a grocery store, and will cost much less than a bottle of product loaded with unnecessary and harmful chemicals.
7. Avocado hair masks are great for dry hair, but can also be used to keep your hair from becoming dry. Avocado is high in fat and protein, thus making it nourishing while taking care of frizz.
To use this food on your hair, take half of an avocado that has been peeled, an egg, two tablespoons of olive oil, castor oil and wheat germ. Smash all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and then massage the mixture onto your dry hair, working your way from the ends to the roots. Once you’ve covered all of your hair, use a shower cap or plastic bag to cover the strands for 20-30 minutes.
Try putting a warm towel around your covered head until the time is up; it will boost the condoning process.Next, rinse the mixture completely out of your hair, and then shampoo as normal. Dry hair should get this treatment once a week until back to normal, and normal-to-oily hair that is being treated as a precautionary treatment only needs this process twice a month.
8. After showering, your hair is at its weakest point, and will be vulnerable to breaking, falling out and/or split ends. To keep your hair from breaking, splitting or falling out, don’t rub a towel on your hair; instead gently squeeze your strands with your towel to remove as much moisture as you can.
9. For hair that is lacking volume, bounce and shine, massage an egg and mayonnaise mixture onto your hair, working from the scalp to the ends. Leave the mixture on for 15-20 minutes with a shower cap or plastic bag covering your strands, then rinse, shampoo and condition as normal. Repeat once a week for OPTIMAL results.
10. Soaking your hair in whole milk will also bring back the shine to your hair. Massage your scalp with whole milk and work your way down to the ends. Leave the milk on your strands for no less than and hour, and then rinse without shampooing or conditioning. On the following day, shampoo and condition as normal, and get ready to notice the difference the milk made. You will need to repeat this process once or twice a week for glossy locks.
11. Your skin isn’t the only target the sun has to destroy. When you’re outdoors, your hair is also exposed to the sun, and the sun drains the life out of hair – taking its moisture, shine and volume down to zero. In order to avoid this unpleasantness, use hats, scarves, and umbrellas as a shield against the sun’s harmful rays.
If you feel daring, try using the SPF sunblock used on skin in your hair; use a small amount to rub throughout your strands. You might also want to try putting your hair in a bun or braid when you know you’ll be in the sun for extended amounts of time.
Many areas of the skin have a tendency to become dry, itchy and callused if they’re not taken care of. Fortunately, there are products on the market for healing dry skin, taking care of callused feet, and creams that treat itchy skin; but there are also home remedies that cost less, and work better than anything you can buy in a bottle.
12. Use a coffee, sugar, and vanilla mixture on the knees, elbows, and feet or other areas of the skin that are rough. This combination not only smells good because of the relaxing scent of vanilla extract, but it also works because the coffee has very strong antioxidants, and the sugar works as an exfoliator to smooth skin.
13. To create the scrub described above, gather a one-fourth measuring cup, teaspoon of vanilla extract, half cup of fresh coffee grinds and a cup of sugar.
Once you’ve done this, mix olive oil with the vanilla extract in a small bowl. In a slightly larger bowl, put the grinds and sugar together, and then pour the liquid ingredients into a bowl holding the sugar and coffee grinds. Next, mix the ingredients together to make a paste.
When you are finished, take the bowl into the shower with you, and shower as normal. Before getting out of the shower, start massaging the scrub onto your skin, and keep in mind that you are able to use this scrub over the entire body for increased circulation.Avoid using the scrub on broken or sensitive skin and your face. For skin that is dry and bumpy, use this scrub twice a week, instead of once a week like with normal skin.
14. Avoid dark knees and elbows by moisturizing two times daily. If you happen to run out of lotion in your home, use olive oil to massage onto dry knees and elbows. It is important for your joints to stay hydrated so they don’t become dry and unattractively dark. You should also pay special attention to your elbows and knees in the shower when you’re exfoliating the body. Also, rub your joints a few seconds longer than the rest of your body to keep the skin from darkening.
15. Change your lip color to a lighter shade for an instantly younger, more youthful mouth. Go a little further by adding just a dab of gloss to the middle of both your upper and lower lips. This gives you a fuller lip, which is great for those who normally have thin-looking lips.
16. Drink plenty of water and avoid sodas. Taking things a step further, there is a secret to burning extra calories when it comes to water. Always ask for ice water because it uses up calories when your body warms the water up to body temperature. In fact, put ice in everything you drink for a little boost of calorie burning action. Moving to food, eat fresh fruits and vegetables before every meal so that you get plenty of food without packing on the pounds. Celery and pineapple are said to be no calorie snacks, so eat up!
17. Use oil blotting sheets throughout the day if your face tends to become oily often. Oil blotting sheets are a better way to soak up excess oil without adding more powder to your face. Speaking of powder, it’s best to avoid this altogether because it can sink into your wrinkles and add years to your face.
18. Look for firming body creams and moisturizers that include seaweed, caffeine, ginseng and mushroom extract. Firming and keeping your skin toned is a big part of staying young. The best time to apply firming body creams is before bed, in the morning and after showering.
19. Add a serum into your daily routine for the highest levels of wrinkle-fighting ingredients. When you choose to use a serum along with your other face creams, wrinkle creams and moisturizers, you are boosting the power of the wrinkling fighting ingredients found inside. For the best results, use serums twice a day along with your other face products.
20. Last but not least. You’re never too old to pretend you’re a princess, so sit up straight and walk with your head high. Practicing good posture will keep you from looking like an elderly woman with a hunchback when you are older. In regards to keeping good posture, hold your ears above your shoulders, and your shoulders above your hips. If you can pull this off, you’ll be feeling like a princess in no time.
Enjoyed reading our “20 Beauty Tips for Women” article? Please do not forget to share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and google+.